methotrexate injection

Options

I have just had a consultation with my consultant and he has suggested I switch my methotrexate from tablets to injection as it may be more effective I feel a bit nervous about actually doing it and the fear I may get it wrong I would be grateful for others experience.

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

You will have a visit from a nurse who will show you exactly how to do it, and she will put you at your ease. When you do the following week's jab, just take a deep breath and relax. pinch an inch of flesh in a fatty area of your stomach or thigh, and you will be surprised how easy it is. I keep a chart so I don't forget which area I'm injecting. The injections are pre filled, so you don't have to worry about the dose. Ask the nurse as many questions as you need. Good luck. ☺️

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• sunnyside2
    sunnyside2 Member Posts: 131
    Options

Not the same drug but I have had to self inject in belly quite a few times. It really is easy- the doses are prepared so no measuring involved and the needles super fine so you really do not feel anything much. The nurse will go through it all with you and I think you will be amazed how simple it is.