Not Diagnosed Yet

Options
Missy_Caz
Missy_Caz Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi All,

I joined this group as I've been getting chest pains on an off and I'm trying to assess what the condition could be... It started over a year ago with wrist pain which my doctor thinks was Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. (The wrist pain has gone)

My doctor has since sent me to hospital for blood tests back in April 2020 and I had a chest x-ray and ECG because of the pains I keep getting in my chest mainly in chest bone area. Tests all came back negative and I was told to take 400 mg of Ibuprofen.

The pain is mainly in chest area and comes when I'm resting and some nights I'm finding it difficult to sleep. It's even and struggle to turn over in bed. Ibuprofen seems to aid the discomfort but Paracetamol doesn't - I think I might have Rheumatoid Arthritis as I have a dull ache in one of my finger joints and chest pain. (sometimes it feels as though the chest bones are slightly swollen sometimes)

I can't get to see my doctor at the moment due to Covid restrictions - any suggestions.

I'm now in my 60s fairly active and go to work.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 12. Mar 2021, 18:43
    Options

Hi @Missy_Caz

Welcome to the online community great to see you joining.

You share that you have pain in your chest and pain in your finger joint and you think you have rhumatoid Arthritis.

You should really try and see your GP i dont understand why you cant get an appointment as most surgerys are open to consultation and appointments even the government has said that other complaints that is not covid should get appointments.

Here is a link that will tell you what the symptoms of Rhumatoid Arthritis are.

Rheumatoid arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

Hope this is helpful,please let us know how you get on,It would also be good if you can chat to others on our forums it often helps.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Can You at least get a telephone appointment with your GP? You do need to talk this through with your doc. If the treatments he has suggested haven’t worked, it would be worth exploring other options. If you don't call them back, they’ll assume the ibuprofen and paracetamol have done the trick. They haven’t, so call him back and tell him!