Hi Everyone

Options

sandy1zn

Hi Everyone,

I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 10 years now. I am blessed as the combination of Methotrexate and Hydroxychloroquine give me the benefit of a pain-free life.

However, over the last year I have put on a lot of weight due to over-eating and eating the wrong foods as a comfort during the torrid year that we have all been through. I am now determined to lose a years worth of weight gain but will need help to do this! I am so confused as there are many places that offer help but I am unsure of which to choose: Weight-Watchers, Noom, Slimline, to name but a few. Has anyone lost weight with one of these programmes or a similar one? Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 758
    Options

Welcome @sandy1zn to the online community

You have had RA for ten years and managed it with methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine but have found that recently you have put on weight. You are not alone with this, I think many of us have enjoyed the increase in time and have overindulged. Also you are not alone in now trying to loose some weight . With that in mind I attach two links

which many members have found useful and fun to follow.

We cannot endorse any particular weight loss group, however there will be members of this community who will be able to share their experiences and give you loads of encouragement.

Good luck with your ambition, let us know how you progress.

Take care and keep motivated

Poppyjane (moderator)

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• sandy1zn
    sandy1zn Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you, Poppyjane. I am good about exercising, I have used Leon's videos as well as walking daily. The real issue is finding an eating plan to guide me with changing my eating habits with the goal of being healthy and getting my weight down.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Hi @sandy1zn

We have had members on here lose loads on SW and WW not heard of anyone trying Noon or any of the newer methods.

I you give it a go do start a thread with you weight loss journey and others may well join you and we will all support you🙂

Take care now!

• SamBan92
    SamBan92 Member Posts: 10
    edited 16. Mar 2021, 17:45
    Options

Hi @sandy1zn

firstly, I’m glad to hear you are able to live pain free with your treatment however I understand that the mental pain of weight gain can be hard bearing too.

my partner is an online fitness and nutrition coach and I’ve heard so many stories and successes of weight loss.

All diets, whether SW, WW or any others, which claim they have “special methods” in successful weight loss, however this is all simply down to eating in a calorie deficit. This is the only way to lose weight and all diet plans use it disguised as other methods.

[xxx]

Text edited as promoting services is not allowed under our community guidelines. Anna (Moderator)

• SamBan92
    SamBan92 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Apologies, my previous post was edited by a moderator, I didn't mean to be promoting services! However if you want any further info about weight loss and how to fit a diet into your lifestyle, still enjoying the foods you love, and not having to change your life for a diet.. please send me a message and I would love to help xx