new to all this not diagnosed properly yet.

Options

Just read that hives can be a sign of RA, i have been having hives now for about 5-6 yrs and could not find out why i had them. They come for no reason, but also for reasons I am allergic to grass it must not touch me. If it does I look like i have been burnt and it spreads to places where it did not touch me. I am unsure if the swellings come and go as they please but glad I took some photos of my ankles at the weekend they were huge, but look a lot better now and not as sore. Has anyone here any experience of hives with RA?

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @Carolannf

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum. I can see you have also posted on the say hello forum and have added a little more information there.

I can see from your other post that you have had joint pain for a long time and that your GP suspects that you have a form of arthritis and is arranging further tests. Skin rashes and swollen joints may be a sign of auto-immune conditions, including types of inflammatory types of arthritis. If there is any doubt about your diagnosis, you should request that your GP refer you to a rheumatologist. I’m pleased you are taking photographs. This can help with diagnosis, as can a symptom diary.

You can read more about the main types of arthritis on the link below. You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. We are here to support you through this process and can clarify things for you so that you can have a more informed discussion with your medical team around diagnosis. I do hope you will call us.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Mags

Helpline Team