Crumbling bones

Options
Mini
Mini Member Posts: 33
edited 18. Nov 2021, 11:28 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone just wondering has anyone experienced crumbling of bone around there knee replacement or corrosion on knee replacement, I have just had arthroscopy on my knee replacement this Tuesday I’m back home now and get results back in a couple of weeks I have read online that osteoporosis is the cause of crumbling bones I have osteoarthritis fibromalgia and spinal stenosis with electric shock spasms in my legs and pain in my feet & legs also narrowing of spine and slipped discs due to osteoarthritis in spine plus both knees replaced & hip feeling so achey this morning feels like I have just come out of 🥊 🥊🥊ring 😖😖 Have a great day everyone 🤗

Comments

• jonnyhondo
    Options

I have had arthritis for 53 years and had both knees replaced 31 years ago and had no trouble since. One knee was fitted with a joint that had pimples in it and had to let the rest of the knee grow around it.Couldn't drive for 6 weeks, the other was fitted with dental cement and could walk next day. I have also had 1 shoulder replaced and 1 ankle am now waiting for hip replacement but have been put back because of covid.losing weight is good to help and have lost 2 stone over 12 months also don't take any drugs except paracetamol Need some sun now. Had to pay for all my ops but was working right through.Waiting for NHS now.

• Mini
    Mini Member Posts: 33
    Options

Hi Johnny & good day 2 u , Wow u have had a lot of joint replacements that must be painful in your shoulder my friend I was talking to her relation has had her shoulder took out and on antibiotics until infection clears up then she is having it replaced she said it’s over 6 months you have to wait till it all clears up I can’t imagine what that must feel like without it in must be painful.

carrying weight certainly doesn’t help with joint problems that’s so good you have lost 2 stone in 12 months well done, I exercise everyday & keep my weight down 2 eating healthy & looking after myself as this will be my 3rd replacement on my left knee & don’t think they will give me another one after this one not sure what will happen after 15 to 20 years as that’s how long a joint replacement lasts what they will do as I’m 52 this year

Have a luvly day 🤗