Hello

Options
JaneL85
JaneL85 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone, my name is Jane and I have had rheumatoid arthritis for the last 18 years. It affects my hands, wrists and up to my elbows. During 2 of my pregnancies I suffered with pelvic girdle pain (?related to arthritis), still suffer with lower back pain 7 years later. Some days are worse than others, managed now on medication.

Anyway, that's a bit about me 😄

Thank you,

Jane Lloyd

Comments

• ChrisK
    ChrisK Member Posts: 37
    edited 29. Mar 2021, 14:47
    Options

Hello @JaneL85

Welcome to our Versus Arthritis forum. Here you will find our members are helpful, friendly and empathic. They will answer your questions/queries as they find them as related to their own conditions.

Lower back pain is quite a difficult, if not usually serious, condition to deal with. Each day can be different, one day you can be in a great deal of pain where you have to take medications to be able to cope with your day. The next day can be very different and you can have little or no pain. You have experienced lower back pain for 7 years since your pregnancies. I can understand how you feel with your back pain, my back pain has been with me since 1978. Even now some days I get very annoyed with it as I am unable to do all I had planned for that day. Other days can find my pain is very low and I do not need any medication, You are managing your back condition with medication when you need it. You will find as you look through the forum, you will find that there are many members who have back pain.

Versus Arthritis produces many booklets and leaflets in respect of the numerous conditions and related conditions of arthritis. Below is a link which may be of help to you:

Back pain | Causes, exercises, treatments | Versus Arthritis

I look forward to seeing and reading your future posts and to hear how you are getting along.

Take care, best wishes

ChrisK

• JaneL85
    JaneL85 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks @ChrisK,

I try to only take pain medication when I really need it in relation to my back and hands. I have learned how to move in certain ways or pick things up in a certain way to reduce pain.

I also forgot to mention that I have just graduate a Sexual Health degree and am now studying a Masters in Psychosexual Therapy. During my studies I found a passion of working with people who have medical conditions and disabilities. There is a clear lack of access to services for people that are seen a minorities. I am happy to talk to anyone about this, but please bear in mind that I am NOT fully qualified from a psychosexual perspective (yet), but I can discuss sexual health and well being. If it interests anyone ☺️

Thank you,

Jane Lloyd