Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis

Options
paulinest30
paulinest30 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with RA by my GP in December 2020 after being in excruciating pain and other symptoms since June 2020. I saw the Rheumatologist 4 weeks ago who sent me for blood test and x-rays on my feet and hands. I have just received a letter to say there was no sign of Rheumatoid Arthritis from these tests. I have now been told that they want a further ultrasound assessment. Is it normal for tests to come back with no sign yet have all the symptoms? Whilst it wasn't where I wanted to be when I got the initial diagnosis at least I felt I was getting somewhere. Now I feel as if I am in limbo again. Do I go back to my GP or try and speak to the consultant? Neither easy at the moment due to covid. 😥

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Sadly yes paulinest. It might be that you are seronegative as I was for 13 years, then I suddenly became seropositive. This link will explain it better than I could

https://nras.org.uk/resource/seropositive-and-seronegative/

I hope this helps. I don't know if you are a member of Facebook, but if you are, there is a group called Crazy Arthric Creakies that you are very welcome to join if you would so wish. I'm a member myself,

Take care 😊

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• paulinest30
    Options

Thank you kathleenT it is just so depressing to be back to square one. Will try and make some progress with GP as all symptoms are ongoing. I will take a look at the facebook page.