Lisagee48

Lisagee48 → Saira

Hi sara I’m going threw exactly the same thing with my left knee I had a mri scan last month which showed a meniscal tear as well as athritus, your symptoms seem very much the same as mine I used to work in security so walking and being on my feet was all I did until a year a go.

my meniscal tear affects me badly I knew I had arthritis in my knees but the pain I get when I try walk up and down stairs , even standing for periods of time is much worse along side the arthritis, I’m now waiting for my next appointment in April to see what can be done. I’m not saying you do have the same but it sounds very similar to what I’m dealing with and there are 3 different types of places the tear can happen it’s all around the knee it’s like the shock absorbers that cushion between the bones if that makes sense.

I have tried alsorts to ease the pain but besides a lot of hot baths iv just learned to try live it till I go to my next app.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Welcome @Lisagee48 to the online community

You have been struggling with knee pain caused by a meniscal tear and arthritis which has made standing and stairs very difficult. You are waiting for an appointment in April , meanwhile have tried all sorts to gain some relief. I attach a link which I hope you find helpful

Some members have found the exercise programme Lets Move with Leon, https://action.versusarthritis.org/page/64082/-/1 a useful way for relief, you can do as little or as much as feels comfortable.

I hope your appointment gives you some answers for the way forward, do let us know how you get on. Meanwhile browse the website and join in with some more of the chats online.

Take care

Poppyjane ( Moderator)

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.