Ibuleve gel

How often should I use ibuleve gel5% to getthe best results

Comments

• Up to four times a day.

• Saltmarsh
    Saltmarsh Member Posts: 42

Hullo Northernhippy. Your home-made rubbing ointment sounds fascinating. Would you care to tell more? Also, when you've tried the Ibuleve, whether it is much better than your own, please. Best wishes.

• Morning, I don’t find the ibuprofen gel to be any better than my home made balms, probably because I don’t like the texture of the gel, it takes so long to massage it into my skin & I’m not sure what the ingredients are. Being an old hippy, I much prefer to use natural remedies where possible (alongside the ton of prescribed meds!) I used to use madivalha balm, imported from India & available in a little shop in glastonbury for only £2, but it became difficult to obtain so I set about making my own and find them very effective.

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

I've never found them to be of any benefit at all I'm afraid.

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579

You may find that the act of massaging the affected area is the source of relief? Used in connection with pain relief, heat, light, exercise and movement you will find a combination that helps. Certainly for many of us there is no one aid. Cognisant therapy (mindfulness) and activities are a balm for me, I get lost in mine for days at a time.

its a grin, honest!

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Member Posts: 14

Everyone's experience is different but I agree with @airwave. I use ibuprofen gels myself for my hands and wrists but I don't really see much benefit from them in the long term. They take the edge of when my hands are flaring and hot, but I found that the actual action if massaging the area did more. I often convince my husband to just massage the area with lotion for a little relief.