We should still be shielding !?

Options

Some of us should surely still be shielding and have the support from the government ! certain CEV groups including Ra autoimmune immunesurpressed with co morbidities do not know if the first vaccine has given any protection so it worries me everything opening up with people saying every vulnerable group have protection well our groups don't know this yet so sending back to work etc very worrying!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

Morning @trace59

I totally see where you are coming from. Not knowing if the vaccine has worked is scary and (obviously depending on your work) the thought of returning to work a huge worry for some. I always though the shielding had less to do with protecting us and more about protecting the NHS from being overwhelmed.

I'm sure 'they' are looking very hard at what can be done to help those who are immunosuppressed, but in the meantime wonder about the theory of the so called 'herd protection' once a certain percentage of the population have been vaccinated we should be less likely to encounter people with the vaccine.

Personally l will be wearing a mask at all times outside of my house and avoiding indoor public places as much as possible and handwashing like mad as l have for over a year now🙄

I think that's all we can do.

Take care