What is your experience of High Tibial Osteotomy

Options

I am 51 and had a High Tibial Osteotomy (HTO) in November 2020. Four and half months later and I can walk slowly, with pain and stiffness and am not back to pre-surgery mobility.

What is your experience of HTO. Was it successful for you? How long did it take you recover? What mobility do you have now?

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi JMac,

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum, I am sorry to hear that you still have the pain and stiffness after your operation, if you haven’t already done so, you should speak to your health care team for more information about the recovery process after the operation. Not everyone recovers from surgery the same, but by getting more information from your HCT you will know what to focus on.

I hope that someone will see you post, who has had the same operation and will be able to let you know what they experienced and how their recovery was.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have any information on this procedure on our website, but I have attached a link below from the NHS website, which hopefully help in the meantime.

Best wishes

Chris

Helpline Advisor