Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Help needed !

Hi all

I have recently been diagnosed with seronegative rheumatoid arthritis. I started having painful joints a couple of years ago and last summer I had the worst flare up ever where I was virtually housebound for weeks. I was diagnosed in September last year and started methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine. I thought I was tolerating the meds well and apart from the odd pain I’ve been fine. However ...today...my consultant called and said I need to stop the meds immediately as it may be causing problems with my liver and kidneys. She asked me to go in for a blood test again in a couple of weeks and told me not to take any anti inflammatory at all, but I am panicking 😫 has this happened to anyone before ? I am worried what the meds may have done to me and worried that that I will be in excruciating pain again without them ...Any help or advise would be gratefully received ! Thank you all so much !

Comments