Osteorthritis symptoms

Does anyone have any symptoms that are not documented anywhere, or not directly linked to Arthritis? I need a new hip (had one already), and some of the symptoms I have are not thought to be related to arthritis. The worst one for me is waking up every 2 hours to pee! Also have electric shock type pains in both legs and a burning sensation in my shins. Recently I have developed the feeling of a cold wet spot on the sole of my foot! Also since taking the anti inflammatory drugs prescribed to me I have slightly blurred vision. Optition says it's ageing, but it came on pretty suddenly. It would be great to hear of any other symptoms people experience so we all know we're not crazy.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791

Hi @sam73

Welcome to the on line community,its great you have joined us.

You say that you have Arthritic like pains and also symptoms that are unexplainable as regards to Arthritis.

I would go back to your GP in regards to the peeing every 2 hours.And the burning sensation and the cold spots,also the blurred vision as they could be related to your anti inflamatory drugs or something else altogether it is worth checking it all out with your GP.

Hope everything works out for you, please keep in contact and tell us how you get on

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Hi, I have OA in my hip, and definitely relate to the burning sensation on my shins. I've heard others report that too. My eysight's not great anyway, but it's definitely been worse since I've been on cocodamol and naproxen, although I don't know which is doing it.

I get sudden awful pains behind my knee cap too, usually when sitting doing nothing, but I'm not sure I'd call it electric shock? Can't say I've had the other symptoms you describe though.

• Sasha
    Sasha Member Posts: 8

Sorry you’re having problems.

It might be worth having a chat with your local pharmacist about medication side effects as they would probably know more than the GP on specifics and have more time to discuss it with you.

Co-codamol makes my eyes a bit wonky, it is an opiate which might be why.

Also if you walk differently due to your hip pain you maybe compensating with other parts of your lower anatomy causing pain and “electric shock” sensations. Obviously if you’re having a disturbed sleep that won’t help any of it.

Im not a doctor just a nurse so I would definitely go back to the GP or consultant about your extra symptoms.

Good luck and hope you get some answers and some relief 😊🤞

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @sam73

I have to agree with everyone else it has to be back to the Dr for you. Sounds as though maybe some nerves are getting impinged. That's the wet cold spot electric shocks and shin issue I am talking about.

I don't know whether you are female or not but if 73 is the year of birth it might be your age the peeing malarkey...sorry🙄

the eyes could easily just be coincidence if you have had the optician check it out for you ((()))

Take care

• Dancemum
    Dancemum Member Posts: 1

Hi Sam

mum exactly the same waking every hour terrible sweats , severe electric shocks in my thighs and below the knees , numb spots now and feeling of cold water being poured , I wake up crying because if I sleep in any position That’s not my right side I feel as if my bones are breaking and blurry vision x I picked my purse up off the floor and I couldn’t weight bear took 7 weeks of agony for a mri diagnose 3 fractures tibial fibula then told I had multi wedging if the spine and stenosis that’s probably causing the electric shocks , been diagnosed with oesteoporosis and oesteoporosis athritus I’m on garbapentin 2,500 mg daily and adcal , also kapain dihydrocodeine and tramadol and nothing works , I get a prolia injection every 6 months to stop bones breaking down and been told side effects are a broken hip in your sleep I’m 57 and had this the last 10 years the only thing I can put all this down too is I had a hysterectomy at 39 and no medication after it also in flutiform for asthma could be the steroids , waiting for a spinal block to see if that works please get a mri and get checked out x

• ChrisK
    ChrisK Member Posts: 37
    edited 12. Apr 2021, 11:18

Good morning @Dancemum

It is very good that you have replied to a post by @sam73 and that you have reassured her that she is not alone in her symptoms. Your reply to her post will reassure not only @sam73 , but will explain to @Sasha and @Lilymary how you feel about the symptoms and the way you are dealing with them. You probably have read the post above and they provide some good points.

Thank you for replying to this post . Welcome to our forum, the members here are very friendly, helpful and empathic. They answer your questions/queries as they have found them in relation to their own condition.

Versus Arthritis produces many booklets and fact sheets relevant to all types of arthritis and related conditions on their website and it is well worth having a look round there.

Below are links which you may find helpful to you:

Osteoporosis | Causes, symptoms, treatment | Versus Arthritis

Osteoarthritis (OA) | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

Please continue to visit the forum, have a look around and post where you think you can help or offer advice. I look forward to reading your future posts and reading how you are getting along.

Best wishes

ChnrisK