"JointFuel 360"

Has anyone heard of "JointFuel 360"?  Have you used it and does it work?

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hello @Nena

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community it's nice to meet you. Please do tell us a little more about yourself and how Arthritis affects you.

I have not heard of 'JointFuel 360' myself at but having looked at the website it seems to be a food supplement.

This is Versus Arthritis' take on the subject:

I would recommend you read this before spending your money.

Hopefully one or more of our members may have heard of this product.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @Nena

I'm so sorry to say I feel that it might well be a waste of money. I agree with Ellen read the article she has linked in before you potentially waste your money. If it was a cure it would be available on the NHS I tend to think.

Sorry if I come across as negative, but sometimes i think because we are in pain we can be victims of companies pushing 'cures' on us.

If you tell us about your type of Arthritis we will do our best to tell you what has helped us.

take care

Toni xx

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

Hi @Nena

I've just had a look at the website that sells this product. It's a lovely new site but it tells you nothing. There are no links to trials that support their statement, no names of clinicians who might have been doing the research, no published data in respected journals that we can check out. There is an endorsement by an registered dietician in the US

Look what I found in their Terms and conditions Product information

The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the European Medicines Agency and the results reported, if any, may not necessarily occur in all individuals.

this Site is solely an online store for specialty beauty products.

Jupiter Labs does not represent itself as a physician nor is this implied.

Not only that but they intend to pass on your details to anyone they wish to, name, address, email, phone

When you submit personal information on the Site, you are giving your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you as set forth in this Privacy Policy.

I'm sorry, without all of the above information you have no idea what you are buying. If it worked no-one would have pain from arthritis or joint issues already!

Share your story so far with arthritis and I'm sure the members on here will be able to help, and for less than the price of one bottle 😉

• Nena
    Nena Member Posts: 3

Thank you all for your responses, which were what what I also felt, but wanted just to check with others first.

I am 67 and have had arthritis in my thumb joints and knees for quite a few years. Until now it has been relatively mild and I have been able to "live with" it. However, now it is getting quite a bit worse and has possibly spread to my left hip too.

I am going to go back to taking turmeric, which I was taking for a few years but had stopped for a while, and see whether that helps to alleviate some of the pain.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi @Nena

I think you are 100% doing the right thing there. As for your hands someone also posted about their hands recently and they were given a useful link which might help you hang on I'll try to find it....

I think there is some evidence about Turmeric so reasonable to try that.

Also if your hip is joining in now too maybe you should ask your GP for a referral to a physio see what you can do for that too.

Take care and keep calling in it's a really lovely forum here.

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

Hi @Nena

Sorry to have been so 'upfront' - I've been caught myself buying things that could maybe have had interactions with my meds until I chatted to the Chemist! It's so unfair to do things like this.

Lovely to meet you, you do need to telll your GP about the changes to your OA. They can help with Physio, x-rays and such to see how bad it is and how to help you live better.

Hands are tricky aren't they? It sounds simple but has such an effect on daily life. I have OA in my wrists so a bit similar. I have gone down the route of aids to help me be independent, like a kettle tipper, non slip mats for counter tops, in the kitchen and bathroom mainly.

Then I've thought about what I can't give up, like enjoying being in the garden and gardening, and I've found ways that I cn still do that. I do get exasperated/frustrated/cross when I can't do something but then I think what I can do and calm down (eventually, with a cuppa or even an ice cream - probably not today, we have lovely sunshine but it's very chilly in the shade)

I hope that helps a little

xx

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

I'm hugely sceptical of all herbal and alternative products. If they worked, none of us would need to be on this website. If even western clinically trialled treatments can only do so much (as we all tend to find) the likelihood of new miracle wonder drugs benefitting anyone but the suppliers bank balance is slim to nothing. Sorry to be so cynical, but I hate to see snake oil peddlers making money out of desperate people. I'm sure they can find someone who says it helped them, but until it's clinically proven, I'll hang onto my cash (and my personal details!)

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 218

Sad to say I agree with @Lilymary in that I too am sceptical of herbal and alternative products. I have tried various herbal medicines but none seem to work for me. My Dad before he died was overcome by arthritis and I remember him trying everything but in the end nothing seemed to help. Sorry if this comes across as a bit negative, but he wasted pounds and nothing helped him and I hate to see people trying to make money with what are likely false promises