Cervical collars

Options

I am sick to death of waking after only a couple of hours sleep and when I do so I normally scream in agony from my neck. Apart from Degenerative Facet Joint Disease and OA practically everywhere including my neck I also have a couple of compressed discs in my lower back and a detached disc in my neck. I have a cervical collar to wear when my neck is not otherwise supported, i.e. sat in my recliner, and I have been told that I can wear it in bed, however I am rather scared at the prospect of wearing something around my neck when sleeping especially as I live alone and my cat does not know how to resuscitate me should I have a problem. Does anyone else wear a cervical collar in bed?

Comments

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi Mike you could show her this 😊

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

.....however I am rather scared at the prospect of wearing something around my neck when sleeping especially as I live alone and my cat does not know how to resuscitate me should I have a problem.....

That is brilliant @Mike1

Seriously try it although I feel sure you will hate it and chuck it on the floor after an hour or so I struggle even with my hand splints 🙄

and @Jona I love the gif

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Will give it a go tonight and will show the gif to Vixen just in case!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

How did it go@Mike1 ??

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Well, Vixen did not take any notice of the cat doing CPR so I did not trust her to look after me if I had a problem so I chickened out!

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Haha 😂 maybe remind her of the hand that feeds her 😉