Wales Elections May 2021

Geraldine
Geraldine Member Posts: 18
edited 16. Apr 2021, 09:45 in Chit chat

Hi

I emailed off to all our Cardiff councillors hoping to be elected the Versus Arthritis Statement. It's been disappointing that only one Councillor Sean Driscoll took the curtesy to mail back a genuine reply. Perhaps your local guy in Cardiff may like to contact him, and follow this up. If only we had Versus Arthritis posters to put in our windows at this time to really get a point across...that's it

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 877

@Geraldine thank you for trying to get the message across, even if only one responded as least it is one

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Geraldine

Will be very interesting to see any more responses. Many here, as everywhere , for example I am awaiting long overdue bylaterial hip replacements, and now qualify for full Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance, and Blue Badges. The pot now being trained with with these benefits, although tremendously needed, what we require is an intelligent way out, a plan of organisation by the Welsh Health Minister tore- instate elective surgeries. It's a shame the very word Elective, gives the impression it of little consequence to the unfortunate sufferer. I had sharp rebuff in 2020, for daring to ask the current situation at that time with the way forward with waiting lists. I did this as a guy interviewed on the BBC, stated that when the new norm was reached, the priority for electrical give surgeries would be given to Public Sector staff in the front line.

Because of my situation which is more than problematic, with the sun shining today, almost seeing if I have the funds to buy a mobility scooter

• Geraldine

• Geraldine

PS.. it drives me potty to recieve text updates from the U Health Board at regular intervals reminding me to exercise, eat correctly and moderate my intake of drink, prior to my op's. This is so frustrating, as againatotal waste of resources.