Rumotied atharitis

Options
Niki
Niki Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hiya I'm 30 and am completely new to all of this I have no idea what to do how to achieve a win against atharitis I have finally been diagnosed after a year of the most severe pain I have ever felt in my hands knees feet it got to the point I had to depend onmy bf to help me with almost everything when ii had my first appointment I had appointment with consultant then sent to blood tests then straight into xrays all done day was a blur got prescribed with the steroids and hydroxlicine (sorry cant spell) have decided out the two the consultant has recommended to go for methotrexate just dont know what happens after this it has affected my whole life i work in a supermarket and its affected my job the way I take care of my 2 year old and just got no idea what to do any help is welcome .

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 16. Apr 2021, 14:53
    Options

Hi @Niki

Welcome to the online community, so glad you have found us and are posting.

You say that you have been diagnosed with Rhumatoid Arthritis just recently,you have been through a lot to get diagnosed we have all been through that and understand what you are going through at the moment. We are all here to make you feel at home so chat freely and you will get answers form our lovely forum users, all friendly and very understanding and willing to give advice from their own experiences.

I have a few links that may help you as you go on your journey with Arthritis.

Rheumatoid arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org)

Hope these links are helpful. Please let us know how you get on,and do chat to others on the forums it often helps to talk about it all.

Hope all goes well for you Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm