Hi everyone! New to Versus Arthritis 🤗

Gigi
Gigi Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

just joined and looking forward to this forum to learn and share. I’m about to get my second knee replacement, this time my left knee. Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. My hands have developed bad arthritis. In other words, I am so miserable but am in new medication for the fibromyalgia and knee surgery to be scheduled for sometime next month. So, though I did not get Covid, it definitely affected my body by not moving as much. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Take care and stay positive!

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi @Gigi and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

So, you are about to have your second knee replaced, you have Fibromyalgia, as well as arthritis in your hands and are understandably a feeling a little miserable. Well you’ve come to the right place to hopefully cheer you up. Members of this community are great at supporting others so I’m sure you’ll be able to engage in some dialogue that will help reassure you that there are many others who have been or find themselves in a similar position.

I appreciate that you are looking to chat with other forum members as opposed to looking for information but you may find this link to our website useful:

I hope you find joining the forum rewarding.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Gigi

Thank you ChrisB, I appreciate your response. I will be exploring the links and will seek advice from others and recommendations. I’m so miserable right now even texting hurts. But!!! I will move forward with a positive attitude and would like to thank everyone in advance for this forum. 🤗

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Gigi,

Welcome I have oa in my hands too and I understand how miserable it is can I ask you say your on new meds for your fibromyalgia what are they may be something here we’ve not heard off

take care

love Jona 😊💪

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    edited 26. Apr 2021, 08:06

Hi @Gigi and welcome. I’m sorry to hear things have got you down. This lovely forum have kept me afloat through an awful year. It’s good to hear you have a date for your new knee, although you’re probably not looking forward to the physio.

There’s a great link for managing pain, which you might find helpful. I’ll see if I can find it..... edit .. here it is

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/

• Gigi
    edited 26. Apr 2021, 23:23

Thanks Lilymary for the link! Looking forward to reading it. Much appreciated!

Jona - I’m taking 60mg of Cymbalta and 15mg of Meloxicam for my fibromyalgia. It’s helped me.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Gigi,

Thank you I’ve never heard of either of them myself

keep smiling and sharing

take care love Jona 😊💪