Cant stop thinking about when my knees will give way

Options

Hi this may sound silly but I can't stop thinking about when my knees might give way Iam very neverous to walk anywhere ect dose anyone have any advice because I cant get it out of my head Ian sorry if I sound silly

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Jadelady73

I see you are frightened of you knee giving way on you. Is it maybe time to see a physio for advice about walking aids? In many areas you can self refer.

You do not sound at all silly. A fall would not be good at all.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

I agree, it would be a good idea to see a physio, both to give you exercises to strengthen the muscles around your knee and to review walking aids. It won’t do you any good to become housebound because of a fear of falling, it will only make things worse. There are some good exercises on this site that might help you. Have you had at the “Let’s Move with Leon” exercises on this site? They can be as gentle as you need them to be (but you can build it up a bit as time goes on) and they’re good fun.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

Hear hear! Don't give up walking that would be a huge mistake can lead to all sorts of other health issues.

If you need help keeping mobile it is still worth it.

In my area you can self refer the GPs surgery gave me the telephone number and much better they advise og walking sticks because so many people buy their own and use them at the wrong height.

Take care

• Jadelady73
    Jadelady73 Member Posts: 61
    Options

Thankyou Ian seeing phiso and I now have w walker thanks for your comments its nice to know that someone understands