Hi, after a year of working and hobbling throughout lockdown and exhausting self help routes at great expense, I now have a referral for consultant. Pain in right hip with referred pain in groin and lower spine area. Keeps me awake after 2.00 PM when pain killers have worn off and stops me working full time and walking dogs not to mention just general "stuff"
I'm being advised by different knowledgable people to do totally different things, my experienced social care manager saysgo for hip replacement,skip any useless injections and get it out the way and move on. Another friend, consultant radiolagist says self help all the way and skip the medics. Totally confused.
Unsure how I will cope at home with dogs, lodgers, huge garden and no supportive family. Any advice welcome on anything!!!
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 335 Chat and News
- 31 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe