I've just been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my fingers. What are the best exercises for me?
edited 11. May 2021, 13:12 in Let's Move
I need some advise on exercises to help keep my hands and fingers moving to help manage my Osteoarthritis.
@c_sharp welcome to the community0
Thank you very much0
Two exercises I've been given by physios are:
- Get some Playdough and roll it into a ball. Two pots do me but, if you have large hands, you might need three. Practice squeezing and releasing. Make sure you're using all fingers.
- In turn, touch your thumb with each finger.
Sorry, I can't remember any more.1
Welcome to the Community, @c_sharp
I see you would like some suggestions for exercises that might help your OA in your fingers.
Here are some exercises that may help.
and some more general background information on exercise.
I wish you luck with your exercise. Please let us know how you get on.
Just started doing finger exercises.....feel slight improvement, less stiffness. Going to carry on!0
- 8.8K All Categories
- 1.4K Welcome
- 4.5K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 39.8K Our Community
- 3.4K Living with arthritis
- 12 Hints and Tips
- 198 Work and financial support
- 374 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 32 My Triumphs
- 121 Let's Move
- 13 Sports and Hobbies
- 5 Food and Diet
- 254 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 28 Feedback and ideas
- 618 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 311 Chat and News
- 27 Val's Cafe
- 249 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe