Flu symptoms

Hi,I wondered if anyone gets flu like symptoms with their osteoarthritis but without the temperature?

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    edited 8. May 2021, 11:08

Hi @margw , I’ve answered on another thread, but yes, it can feel like this sometimes. Just weary and bone deep aching. When it gets like this, do what you would if you had flu, ie nurse yourself. Just because arthritis is permanent, rather than fleeting like flu, it doesn’t mean you should just battle on. If you do, it will take much longer for your body to recover. If you see a weary bout coming, head it off at the pass and rest. Eventually you may work out some of the triggers and try to avoid or plan for them

however, if it really persists, or if accompanied by other symptoms, see your GP.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 8. May 2021, 11:43

Hi @margw, welcome to the online community! It's lovely to have you here.

I see you are interested in seeing whether anyone else has experienced some flu-like symptoms with osteoarthritis. Here's the versus arthritis page on osteoarthritis for general information: Osteoarthritis (OA) | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

Hopefully you are able to find some reassurance or advice from other members with similar experiences. In the meantime, please feel free to browse the online community and join in wherever you like, it's good to talk :)

Take care, Sarah (mod)