New Online, real time exercise classes across the UK starting soon

Options
YvonneH
YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
edited 13. May 2021, 09:08 in Let's Move

Hi, Here's a new venture, we are starting up some free classes for various types of exercise and Mindfullness.

If you are in the right area use this link to the In Your Area part of our website, enter your region and see what is available. https://www.versusarthritis.org/in-your-area/

Everyone else, why not do the same and see what is going on near you?

If you are lucky enough to live in the region to get to one do let us know how it goes, hopefully they may be rolled out to the rest of the UK

I'll announce further ones as they arrive

Take care

Yvonne x

Comments

• YvonneH
    edited 13. May 2021, 09:04
    Options

Chair based online Yoga classes - London

FREE chair-based exercise sessions, especially for people with arthritis who live in Islington and the London area. 30 minutes of gentle movement led by Dunya Ntinizi qualified yoga instructor, followed by an optional chat over a cuppa.

When: Fridays from 16 April

Time: 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm

• YvonneH
    Options

On-line gentle movement and strengthening sessions in Gateshead and Newcastle Upon Tyne

FREE Gentle Movement and Strengthening sessions especially for people with arthritis who live in the Gateshead and Newcastle area in the North East.

The session will be led by Iwona Trzecinska from The Life Programme, followed by an optional chat afterwards.

When: Wednesdays from 28 April

Time: 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm

• YvonneH
    Options

On-line gentle movement and strengthening sessions in Gateshead and Newcastle Upon Tyne

FREE Gentle Movement and Strengthening sessions especially for people with arthritis who live in the Gateshead and Newcastle area in the North East.

The session will be led by Iwona Trzecinska from The Life Programme, followed by an optional chat afterwards.

When: Wednesdays from 28 April

Time: 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm

• ElaineB4
    ElaineB4 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Are there any online yoga sessions I can attend? I'm based in Oxfordshire and am looking for links but can't find any, if you can attach a link I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Elaine

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    edited 14. Jun 2021, 14:46
    Options

Hi @ElaineB4

I found a number of contacts for Oxfordshire. I hope you find one close to you. Good luck with your yoga and exercises.

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• YvonneH
    Options

Versus Arthritis Get Active Londoners programme

London Boroughs of Camden, Southwark and Merton

Versus Arthritis Active Londoners pilot is a service for people with arthritis and related musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions who want more movement in their lives. Created by Versus Arthritis and funded by the Mayor of London, the programme is designed to support people to get active through a variety of tailor-made movement sessions, expert tips and advice. To attend one of our free activity sessions tailored for people with arthritis in the London Boroughs of Camden, Southwark and Merton please complete all the fields below and submit the form. Once we receive your form one of our members of staff will contact you within 10 working days to confirm your service with us. Please note: You will need to be a London resident to access our pilot.

The link to the relevant page on our website

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options