New diagnosis

Options
Tezes
Tezes Member Posts: 6
edited 13. May 2021, 16:08 in Living with arthritis

I’ve had what the Physios said is OA in my lower back for approx 4 years however Following a recent MRI I have just been diagnosed with facet joint arthritis causing bilateral lateral recess narrowing and compression of transversing L5 nerve, two bulging disc with tear, facet cyst and anterolisthesis of L4 over L5. So I have low back pain from the OA and for the last 3 months shooting pains into both buttocks and down the back of my legs to the knees when I walk and stand still.

I’ve been referred to the spinal surgeons and to the IMSK team. It’s scary and painful and I need support/advice please. 

Is there anyone who has these problems and had surgery or been helped just with physio ? Any experiences welcome, many thanks x

Comments

• Lcc86
    Lcc86 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hi

I have facet joint arthritis although without the narrowing. I have found physio helpful but I don't believe I have the narrowing that you have. I tried radiofrequency ablation but the effects only lasted 5 weeks unfortunately. I hope you can find something to help!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

My ex MIL had facet joint Arthritis and she swore by steroid injections. Just an idea.

I hope the spinal surgeon has an idea what can be done ((()))

Best of luck and do let us know how you get on.