Hi : )

Options
Becky4458
Becky4458 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi, i’m Becky & new to the group so just wanted to say hello! I only recently found out i have arthritis in my knee. Told by a doctor in A&E after it dislocated and they took an xray. Not given any other information or advice but in a lot of pain especially at night. Really hoping to find out more about the things i can do to help as feeling a bit lost with it x

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Becky4458

Lovely to meet you, you have come to the right place. I’m going to assume it’s osteoarthritis. Here is the information we have on OA of the knee

if, after your knee is better from the dislocation, your knee is still painful it could be useful to talk to your GP about this. OA is usually dealt with by them until it becomes necessary to see someone to assess whether you need a replacement joint. It’s fine to keep using the joint, you need to keep the muscles good and strong to support your knee and also keep as much movement as possible.

Have a good look around your community here and do join in wherever you feel comfortable

Take care

Yvonne x