Osteoarthritis and new diagnosis rheumatoid arthritis

Options
Surfingsandj
Surfingsandj Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi Am riddled with O.A. hip replacement and foot surgery ect. Just developed Rheumatoid arthritis of right hand. Just really fed up with taking painkilling tabs that work 4 half an hour. Then I am told I might get addicted! Even though they are ineffectual! Dont think the medical profession has got a grip on continual and unrellenting pain. I dont want pain clinics! I dont want councillors. I want something that works!!!!

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @Surfingsandj welcome to the Online Community, lovely to have you here.

I understand you have had hip replacement and foot surgery as a result of osteoarthritis and now have a new diagnosis for rheumatoid arthritis in your right hand. With such extensive experience you are well placed to give advice to new members who have questions regarding their own new diagnoses!

Pain management can be a major aspect of arthritis and finding the right medication that provides some help can involve trying out many different approaches. There is some advice and support on our web site on pain management that may be of some help:

There are also sections that deal with more specific areas, such as Hand and Wrist pain:

Do join in across the community, ask questions, give advice and support, and to call in for a chat to say how you are getting on. You will be most welcome.

All best wishes

Brynmor