Rhemotied for 20 years

Debbydo
Debbydo Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone iam 55 and have lived with RA for 20 years

In that time I have learnt how to live along side my condition with many ups and downs

With the right meds I've been able to take control and lead a active life

Don't give up I know its hard but with the right surport you will get there

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hello @Debbydo

Welcome to the online community and thank you for sharing with us all.

You've had RA for the last 20 years and in that time you have learnt what is right for you and by taking the right medications for you, you can live a full life.

Your post was so positive and I have to say, it was so lovely to read.

I hope that you continue to feel like you can join in with the discussions going on and even start you own. We are a friendly bunch and welcome all with open arms.

All the best

Anne (Moderator)

• I've had arthritis for over 50 years with 2 new knees a shoulder and ankle replacement and now I need a new hip might be 2 years before I get it .I fell down in the sitting room and couldn't get up, my wife phoned for an ambulance and I had too wait 3 hrs on the floor. they were brilliant and lifted me up,I didn't mind the wait as it wasn't an emergency,, why I am writing is ,the nurse that helped me said I could get a device to get me up,does anyone know about this. thankyou. Keith

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791
    edited 18. Jun 2021, 13:49

Hi @jonnyhondo

Welcome to the online community glad you have found us and are asking questions on a help to get you from the floor to a chair.Its sad that you had to wait 3 hours to be lifted up and made comfortable again,did the nurse say anything else about the device?

Here is a link that hopefully will help you to find the device.

Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again | homeability.com

Hope all goes well for you .Please keep in touch to tell us how you get on,and do go onto our forums and chat as others may know of other devices as well.

All the best

Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm