Hello - New Member

EstelleDB
EstelleDB Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi All,

I am new to this community so I thought I would say hi! I am from Bucks and I was diagnosed at 6 years old with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Growing up with this condition was difficult as I did not fully understand what was happening to me and why I could not do things other kids could. It’s so lovely seeing a group like this to make people aware they are not alone and help understand what is happening to them.

I am now 33 and was re diagnosed with JIA in my late 20s. I have the odd flare up but mine is generally caused by stress, I find using TENS machines are a good way of easing my aches rather than taking too many painkillers. Over the last couple of years I have been getting a rash on my hand which would flare up and then go away, recently been told it could be contact dermatitis, does anyone else seem to get this? My doctor said it could be linked to my arthritis but my rheumatologist said there is not a link!

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791
    edited 25. Jun 2021, 19:27

Hi @EstelleDB

Welcome to the online community, good to see you posting and asking questions.You say that you have had JIA since 6years old and have been rediagnosed in your late 20s, but recently have developed a rash on your hand flaring up the going away and have been told it could be contact dermatitis,and may be linked to arthritis

Here is a link i have found about contact dermatitis.Hope it helps.

Contact Dermatitis | Skin Rashes | Symptoms & Treatment | Patient

I do hope you will continue to chat on our Forums.Please let us know how you get on.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• EstelleDB
    EstelleDB Member Posts: 3

Hi @Chris_R thank you very much, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 6 years old and in my late 20s they said it’s JIA as I no longer have rheumatoid factor in my blood. Thanks for sharing the article.