Flare ups & TTC

Hi All, 

I was diagnosed with RA in March and was put on a course of prednisolone which I was on until my salfasalizine kicked in…. At which point I felt much better and had less inflammation… But now I have been off of the steroids for the last month and I feel like I have gone back to square one…. Plus 1 stone in weight which I managed to gain whilst taking the steroids 😩 (I’m on the large side anyway, so the extra weight was not welcome) 

My wrists and fingers are absolutely killing me, it’s hurting to even type this, not sure if I’m experiencing what you guys call a ‘flare up’ but I have lumps on where my wrist joints are and my fingers feel swollen and tight… From my shoulders down I just feel bruised and wince when I do simple tasks like answer my phone or push open doors, I’m 26 and have a 2 year old and we are currently actively trying for our second child so I don’t want to be put on anything that may affect that… But I just don’t know what to do 😩 My last blood test showed that my CRP and ESR levels had doubled, but I haven’t heard anything from my consultant so assume that’s ok? 

I just feel so low at the moment and in pain but am trying to plod along and brush it off… not the smartest approach I know, but I think I’ve just hit a wall 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Any words of wisdom or experience from yourselves would be great! 

Abbie 🙂