So I've been advised by a friend that I should claim pip???

I've had quite a bad week with my hands and ankles. I'm having injections into my thumbs in 2 weeks so I should be able to sleep again as they throb. Its difficult to do buttons and open a tin. My ankles are quite bad! Cant walk very far. Legs ache constantly. sorry for complaining.

What do you think about pip? I'm unclear about this x


  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

    PIP is designed to provide for the additional costs of disability if you have a physical or mental health condition or disability where you have had difficulties with daily living or getting around (or both) for 3 months and expect these difficulties to continue for at least 9 months. See

  • Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

    Hi Cat66;

    The forms can be requested by phone or online but I seriously would suggest you get help from the CAB or a welfare rights organisation to help you

    good luck

    Jona 😊💐

  • MoWW
    MoWW Member Posts: 74

    Hi @Cat66

    You can find out more information on PIP from these links. There is some good information available that may help you with the application.

    It is always best to get help with the form from a local disability welfare advice service or citizens advice. Using your postcode and putting in a search for welfare advice disability benefits, may throw up some local organisations to you. The assessment allows you to explain how the condition impacts on your daily life, you have to be very precise in your answers that is why getting support is recommended.

    Personal Independence Payment - Citizens Advice Check if you're eligible for PIP - Citizens Advice

    Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - GOV.UK (

    NRAS produce a booklet on PIP which may be helpful, Benefits | NRAS | Advice on claiming benefits

    Hope this helps, good luck Maureen

  • Geraldine
    Geraldine Member Posts: 18

    If you are diagnosed with Arthritis, and in receipt of Attendance Allowance, does this cease after joint surgery..?

  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

    You get the allowance if your disability is severe enough for you to need help caring for yourself or someone to supervise you, for your own or someone else’s safety, as surgery may change that you need to report it to the DWP immediately. More info at