Tocilizumab syringe injections

Options
Scamp
Scamp Member Posts: 4
edited 17. Jul 2021, 19:59 in Living with arthritis

Does anyone else have difficulties getting the tocilizumab syringe needle into their skin? Almost feels like the needle is blunt? Previously used humira syringes with no issues. Can't work out if I've changed the way I'm injecting without realising or if the tocilizumab needles are just not as good? Trying different areas on my thighs but with little gain.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 756
    Options

Hello @Scamp

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the tocilizumab injections, it sounds as though you are not a newbie when it comes to injections so that can't be the problem. Can the practice nurse at your local surgery help with this? I am sorry I do not have much personal experience of self injecting but I am sure there are other members who will be able to share their thoughts

Let us know how you get on,

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Pheeny
    Pheeny Member Posts: 22
    Options

I have been on tocilizumab injections for about eight years. I was taught to use the stomach area, pinch, stab, support and plunge. I was really thin when I started injecting and my stomach was the only fleshy part, but I think the others in the trial group were taught the same. Hope this helps. Good luck. Pheeny