Twitching

Hi

I have recently started treatment with methotrexate 10mg dose. I am on my 6th dose.

I have noticed that my bottom lip has started twitching from time to time for the past week and have had a couple of twitches in my left knee only noticed today.

Could this be a side effect of methotrexate?

Comments

• Dear @JulieP

Thank you for your posting on the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are have twitching in your bottom lip and in your left knee and you have asked if this could be a side effect of methotrexate.

Methotrexate can sometimes cause side effects and I have put the link below for our information on methotrexate which contains the potential side effects however, it is important that you speak to your rheumatology department and speak to a health care professional if you are concerned about any potential side effect that is not listed so that they can advise you.

Methotrexate - Information and side effects

I hope this information is helpful. If you would like to talk things through with one of our helpline team or require more information you are very welcome to call us on the helpline. You can do this by calling us on 0800 5200 520 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm).

Best wishes

Dawn

Helpline Advisor