Not sure about useimg my exercise bike I

Options

I have a exercise bike not the one you sit on but the one you that sit on a chair and peddle I want to use it but Iam not sure if it will damage my knees or make the pain worse and I know cardio exersize is important I do phyiso for my knees and I walk as !much as i can but I want to add some more cardio by useing my bike but Iam still a little unsure about it

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Good for you getting one of these, what a great idea. As it’s non weight bearing and low impact exercise, you may find it doesn’t affect your knees too badly, but you’ll only find out by trying. You won’t do any long term damage if you find you’re sore the first few times, but little and often would be a good way to start. If you do find your knees get sore or swollen, use a cold pack to take the swelling down (I use a bag of frozen peas!), and go back to just short stints.

if it really aggravates your knees, then it may not be the right exercise for you, but don’t worry, trying it out is unlikely to do your knees any permanent damage. Give it a go, let us know how you get on. 🙂

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

If it hurts, stop!!

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

I see Mike has put it more succinctly than me! He's quite right of course!