Hello

KarenC
KarenC Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi

I have just been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. I have to have more scans and blood tests. I was given leaflets on disease modifying drugs I am going to have to take. I came away from my appointment with the rheumatologist with lots of questions and have emailed him but I hope some of you will be able to help.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 10. Aug 2021, 08:49

Hi @KarenC

Welcome to our wonderful community- it's great to have you here! You have certainly come to the right place for help as many of us are or have, gone through similar experiences so you will find that you get a lot of support here.

I'm sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis, I know that this can be a shock yet a relief at the same time, but at least there is now a way forward and you will start to get the treatment that you need to help you. It's great that you were given information about the drugs, were you given much information about the psoriatic arthritis? Here is some of our information that may be of interest:

It's absolutely normal to come away from your rheumatology appointment with lots of questions, and well done to your for sending that email! It's important to have the guts to question and try to move things forward. As you said, there will be people here who will be able to shed light on a few things for you, so fire away, ask your questions and we will do our best to answer and support you!

Take care,

Sarah