Just wanted to say Hi 👋

Options
Cookie8
Cookie8 Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I just wanted to say Hi as I have just joined this forum, I saw it whilst looking for information on osteoarthritis after being diagnosed today.

I have had knee pain in both knees on and off for several years however this last year it has become a lot worse causing sleepless nights and pain/swelling and stiffness during the day especially when I’m at work which resulted in me finally having an x ray to confirm what the GP thought!

Comments

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206
    Options

Morning @Cookie8

welcome to the Online Community Forum. So pleased you have found us.

I have attached a link for Osteoarthritis. I really hope that from reading this you are able to get some helpful information from it. There is also the forums which everyone that is going through the same thing will offer you some advice.

I have also attached a link from Versus Arthritis Website.

Take Care & Stay Safe

AJ_x

• Cookie8
    Options

Thankyou very much 😊

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Welcome @Cookie8

Lovely to meet you. You are so welcome this is a genuinely supportive forum for people with arthritis of any kind.

I bet you are in shock having ad your diagnosis of OA, but at least now you know and can get informed about what can be done .

Have a look around and join in anywhere you fancy.

• Cookie8
    Options

Thankyou, it was a shock as I just thought my knees were sore from all the years kneeling on hard floors with my job, it didn’t really occur to me that it would be OA ( although I guess that could be what caused the OA?) but yes it’s good to know so I can at least read lots on it and hopefully find ways of managing it.

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi @Cookie8 I had the same with my hip, I had no idea I had arthritis till the pain suddenly got much worse and the X-ray revealed I needed a new hip. It comes as a terrible shock, and you may find you have to make some adjustments to life until your date for surgery. This forum has been a lifeline for me, so much experience, good advice and kindness. Keep posting if you have any questions or worries.