Hello

Options
OrangeFrog
OrangeFrog Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi there, I’ve been diagnose with Degenerative Disc Disease following a bout of root nerve pain which started back in April. I’ve had a bleak diagnosis on the basis that a neurosurgeon wants to perform quite an invasive on reaction on me. Needless to say I’m not keen.

I’m here to learn from and support others who are living with the symptoms of their conditions and find support in my new day to day life 🙏🏻

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hi @OrangeFrog - Welcome to the online community!

I see you have been diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease and you're worried because you have had an invasive operation suggested to you.

We have resources which may be of help to you in coping with your back pain caused by this, and hopefully someone in the community may have some experience fot his for you. Do have a look at the information below which may help, especially the "Managing your Symptoms" section:

If you are nervous about the surgery please do talk to both your GP and your neurosurgeon who should be able to talk you through what will happen and what the results should be. Surgery can be quite scary, but it often results in an improvement so it is worth considering. Do make ure you get all the information you can tho, and make sure you're comfortable with anything which is done for you.

Have a look around the rest of the community - there are many discussions which you may be insterested in. Please do join in if you wish, we are all very friendly and welcome new members.

Lovely to meet you!

Shell

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Hello @OrangeFrog

I also have DDD as well as Inflammatory Arthritis.

I had back surgery some 13 years ago spinal fusion and several discs removed as well as a large chunk of bone floating around.

What has been suggested to you?

All I can say is as far as my back is concerned l am doing pretty well ok.