hi all i'm new on here and wanted to intoduction myself and why i'm joining.

Options
ocean
ocean Member Posts: 18
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

So for many many years I've had health issues. About 12 years ago I was told i had SLE (Lupus).

But things went downhill very quickly. To cut a long story short, I now have Seropostive RA (I'm positive CCP and ANA), and Inflammatory RA as well. Methotrexate failed to do anything at the highest does. So in June i had my 1st infusion of a biologic therapy. It's been a few weeks now since the 2nd infusion and i'm still in pain and struggling to do anything. The fatigue is like nothing I've ever experienced !

I'm so depressed and don't know how to move forward.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 30. Jul 2021, 13:43
    Options

Hi @ocean

Welcome to the online community,its great to see you enquiring and your honesty is refreshing.

You say that you have had health issues for 12 years now and have recently discovered that you have Seropositive RA.You have also had treatment of biological therapy and have had your second infusion and the pain is still as bad and you have fatigue and struggling, feeling depressed and not knowing how to move forward.

You have come to the right community as we all have Arthritis of some kind and know just how you feel,i found talking with others helped me a lot and i hope it will help you aswell.

Here are a few links that may help with your moving forward

Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org)

Arthritis and depression: what you can do about it (versusarthritis.org)

Managing fatigue | Causes, self-help, support (versusarthritis.org)

Hope these links help you.Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and chat to others on our forum it really will help

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• ocean
    edited 30. Jul 2021, 14:23
    Options

Thank you for the links Christine. I'll definitely look into them. Hopefully with time I'll be able to share more. I've had quite a health journey !

• ocean
    edited 2. Aug 2021, 13:11
    Options

something that is of interest to me is if anyone's had a biologic therapy infusion and what results they saw and how long did it take to see a difference?