please wish me luck

Options

Tomorrow I have finally got an appt with the orpho surgeon. I last saw him about 5 years ago and he did not feel a knee replacement was right for me despite being grade 3/4 arthritis as I am also hypermobile and was 44... now I am older, my knee is worse- I cannot even walk short distances without paying for it for days.

I had a lateral release and a TTT surgery on my knee as due to the hypermobility it also subluxates a LOT - it improved it at the time but now I'm back to how I was but worse.

Didn't help I put on a lot of weight over last 15 months as have been unable to exercise due to knee but I've lost over 2 stone since the end of April so I am praying its enough of a loss for them to do something for my knee.

please wish me luck. I am so nervous.

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

I hope the consultation goes well for you, that you are listened to, and that you and your ortho consultant find a good way forward for you. I’ll keep everything crossed for you!

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Good luck 🤞

• MissA
    MissA Member Posts: 55
    Options

Good luck & well done on the weight loss. I know it’s not easy to lose the weight when your mobility’s restricted. I hope everything goes ok for you.

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Best of luck @sunnyside2 fingers crossed for you.

Ellen

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Good luck!

• sunnyside2
    sunnyside2 Member Posts: 131
    Options

Thank you all. it went well, I was able to explain how it is effecting me , was examined and he has referred me for an mri of knee and an x ray of the hip so can see what is going on and what is right to do. such a relief

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

That’s good news Sunnyside, hope your next appointments come through quickly