Support for osteoarthritis

Michele
Michele Member Posts: 8
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello 👋 I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis last year & have been given exercises to do by hand therapy at local NHS hospital but I have now been signed off there books. Still suffer with pain and stiffness, is there anything anyone can offer in advice? I am also on blood thinners so limited on what alternative treatments I can have

Thanks

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791
    edited 6. Aug 2021, 17:46

Hi @Michele

Welcome to the online community,glad you have sought us out to talk to.You have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis last year and have been given exercises to do by a hand therapists but have now been signed off.

You still suffer with pain and stiffness and need advice if anything else can be done

Here is some links that may help you

Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org)

Exercises for the fingers, hands and wrists | Versus Arthritis

Hope these links are useful.Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on also try our forums as talking helps sometimes and advice will come as everyone understands how you feel as all have various forms of Arthritis.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Michelle,

They discharge you basically back to gp for pain management until severe enough to need surgery feels a bit like well you ve got arthritis so just stiff upper lip and live with it well that’s how I felt you can ask for referral to pain clinic but there’s a heck of a waiting list depends on your area

good luck

😊💐

• Michele
    Michele Member Posts: 8

Jona

Many thanks for your reply, that's what i thought. basically i have just been given excercises to keep movement and that's it. But hey ho just thought it was something different to join a online community and see what support i can get. different people can always offer different advice that helps them and may or may not help me.👍️