Hi

Bigbird
Bigbird Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Just to say hello to everyone, I suffer from RA and osteo arthritis along with fibro and ME. Many years ago I was diagnosed with poly arthritis and they thought I may have Sjögren’s syndrome too! I am suffering a bad flare up of fibro and in lots of pain just now from my back and hip. Finally got to see a physio last week who has given me exercises to do and said I should try not to concentrate on the pain! Just off to find the painkillers and pain patches…….hopefully then I won’t be concentrating on it 🤬

Comments

• Hi @Bigbird, welcome to the Online Community! It's lovely to have you here.

I see that you are living with RA, OA, fibromyalgia and ME and have recently been receiving physiotherapy due to a painful flare-up of fibro in your back and hip. That is an awful lot to deal with and your frustration at being told to ignore the pain is completely understandable. You've come to the right place if you need advice or just to vent.

Here's a couple of links you might find helpful:

Try to keep up the good work at physiotherapy and do let us know how you're getting on.

Best wishes, Sarah (moderator)

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi Bigbird,

I wonder what we’re supposed to concentrate on but I do use tens machines takes the edge of it as medications don’t seem to work for me today has been hell my hands are the worst they’ve ever been and I could have cried when my knee started up as well felt like I’d been beaten up but my granddaughter cheered me up daddy has finally relented into letting her have a ginnipig so she’s very excited.

im sorry your going through so much but the lovely people here will advise and help you

take care

Jona 😊💐