Pre op assessment

Options
Henrietta
Henrietta Member Posts: 44
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Just got a hospital letter for pre op assessment next month. This is much sooner than I had feared so pleasantly surprised but making it all very real rather than something that will happen years ahead. I imagine surgery won't be too long after pre op assessment or else they would need to re do it all again nearer the time.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options

That's true. Sometimes they do have to be repeated but I think one good thing about covid is that they do try to ensure they don't have to bring people back. Good luck!

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

I was like you, I got my appointment for pre op without them telling me I had a date for the op (which was just 3 weeks later!). Get in touch with the hospital to see if they have date date for surgery lined up.

• Henrietta
    Henrietta Member Posts: 44
    Options

Thanks Lilymary and Sticky wicket

I think ignorance is bliss at the moment. I am supposed to be starting a new job after my holiday in early september. I have told the agency I have an apt and they know I have hip issue but if they know I am likely to be off imminently for 6 weeks or more I will probably not be able to start my new joba nd I need those extra 2 or 3 weeks of pay.

That brings me on to the question of sick pay. As I am employed through agency/s who I haven't been with for very long I presume I will get nothing from my work for sickness. Will I be entitled to statutory sick pay or is this means tested in any way?