Bladder problems

Options
Vicki51
Vicki51 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Does anyone (ladies)with arthritis of the spine and hip find they are having bladder problems It seems that when I get out of the chair pressure is put on my bladder and I can have an accident Just need to know just in case I have another problem to deal with

Comments

• Hi @Vicki51, welcome to the Online Community! It's lovely to have you here.

I see that you have arthritis of the spine and hip and are experiencing bladder problems.

I found this information from Versus Arthritis' page on arthritis of the spine:

"Let your doctor know urgently if you:

• Have trouble going for a wee, or feel like you need a wee when you don’t
    • Lose control of your bladder or bowel – the organs that control wee and poo
    • Have feelings of numbness or tingling around your genitals or bottom
    • Lose power in your legs
    • Feel unwell – like having a fever or sweating."

Whether or not this issue is related to your arthritis I do hope you'll consider seeing your GP about it.

Please do keep us updated, and I hope you enjoy your time in the Online Community.

Best wishes, Sarah (moderator)

• Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202
    Options

Hello @vicky51 I to have hip problems and I am constantly needing a wee lol I haven't been to my gp but I think we both need to so just to be cautious hope this helps

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi Vicky51,

Yep me too but Sarah’s advice is spot on just be aware what you need to look out for my best friend is called tena 😊😊😊