Recently diagnosed OA and Bursitis.

Options
Poppies
Poppies Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello I had a bad fall down the stairs 20 months ago since then life has really changed.Ive been diagnosed with OA in neck and lower back and bursitis in both hips this week.I need to know how best to deal with this.Ive gone from barely taking a paracetamol for the odd headache a year ago to now taking 9 tablets a day.Naproxen,paracetamol and Lansaprosol.Spoken to gp yesterday because I'm just holding down jobs because of my pain and she has suggested trying paracetamol and codeine with the naproxen .I really dont want to have to take medication finding it hard to accept. Has anyone found cortisone injection helpful???I've been offered this for hip bursitus. I'm thinking of having one in right hip because that's the worse one.Please tell me how you manage.Grateful for any advice.x

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Poppies

Welcome to the online community and thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope that you will find this a safe and supportive to share what is going on with yourself. There is always someone around to chat with and we are always looking to meet new people and make more friends.

So 20 months ago you had a bad fall down the stairs and since then have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in your neck and lower back, as well as bursitis in both hips which you found out about this week. You are struggling with the pain from these conditions and looking for advise from anyone that has had a cortisone injection. Your also looking for advise on how people manage the pain for these conditions.

Sounds like the quality of your life has changed drastically in the last 20 months and that must be very hard to come to terms with. Managing pain is so very individual but you have come to the right place to get advise on what works for other people.

I've found a couple of links from our main website that I'm hoping will help provide you with some answers and advise but I would recommend having a more in depth look through the online community as there could very well be posts that are already talking about the areas you are interested in.

Please do keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. Also do please feel free to get involved in the online community discussions - whatever takes your fancy.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)