Hello... Newly diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis

Rosie2409
Rosie2409 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi, just thought i would say hello, Im 47 and got sudden joint pain in Feb to the extent that i struggled just to get out of bed. I was very active prior to this with a busy life, 2 kids, full time job etc.. and feel like I've had the rug pulled out from under me. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis and initially given sulfrasalazine but had a bad reaction to it so am currently awaiting an ultrasound to check my liver and if everything is OK i can start methotrexate. I'm a little anxious about the possible side effects and am worried that its still not going to give me back my full quality of life.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 877

Hello @Rosie2409 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis and had a bad reaction to sulfasalazine and are waiting following tests to go on to methotrexate but you are worried about side effects from that as well. Our website has a lot of useful information and a good search facility and I would suggest that you have a look, but to help I've highlighted a couple of links below that you may find useful. You don't say which joints are affected, but you can search on say Hip Pain to get further details if you wish.

We are of course all different when it comes to how things affect people and side effects of drugs but let's hope that Methotrexate will work for you and that you can get back towards a better quality of life.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you get on and I am sure others will connect with you to share their experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm