Do knees always give way with oa

Options

Hi. I have oa in my knees and I have heard that they can give way does this happen all the time or not mine are ok so far

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Blueskyday68

Welcome to the Online Commnity, it's great to have you here.

I am sorry you had a worry though - I noticed you posted more than once - it is not as clear as it should be. When a new member makes their first post it goes into a 'holding area'. This is so a volunteer or admin can read each first post, it means we can give every new member a proper welcome to the community and to make sure we get very little spam on the community. (We have re-written the relevant emails but have to wait for them to be activated).

I have OA as well, I have one new knee (Daisy) and am trying to wait as long as I can for the next one. My knee did sometimes give way, but only when I was years into my diagnosis, some people don't have that problem at all. Exercising is really important to strengthen the muscles around the knee joint, it sounds like you have strong support already so keeping it up is really good.

Here is our booklet on knee osteoarthritis which covers pain management and ways to keep your knees in the best health possible. https://www.versusarthritis.org/media/23090/knee-pain-information-booklet.pdf

Here is a story by Charles who has knee OA

Do look around and please join in welcoming new members and sharing your story

Take care

Yvonne x