Feel very sick most days and very tired

Options
Perky
Perky Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi There just joined so all a little new to me .

My RA has come on very quickly and is getting me down . I take Methotrexate , folic acid tablets and arcoxia . They work but I feel very sick most days and very tired . My consultant is going to switch me to injection so I am hoping that helps with the sicky feeling . Overall the medication makes me feel like I have no energy or go in me and I used to be so active .

Always good to chat with people so that's why I joined the site .

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @Perky and welcome to the Online Community.

I understand that you have a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis and the medication you have is making you feel pretty unwell, tired and worn out. Hopefully, a change to an injection may help with some of this: methotrexate has some of these side effects and this appears to be why your consultant is making the switch.

We have a great website with information you might find of some help:

Do try to stay active as this will help in a variety of ways, including to help improve your rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, and help managing pain.

Do join in across the Community, ask questions and give support, you will be most welcome.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• pisica
    pisica Member Posts: 19
    Options

Hi @Perky, welcome.

I was switched from Methotrexate tablets to injections, and while it didn't completely get rid of the nausea, it is much better now. I hope it works for you too.

I'm told the severe nausea I had with the tablets was because my body wasn't absorbing it properly, so I was getting more side effects and fewer benefits. That's less of a problem with the injections.