Recently diagnosed with Reactive Arthritis and Fibro and Osteoarthritis

Options
sarahf
sarahf Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

I was diagnosed last friday with all the above and was given a steroid shot which has reduced some of the pain, but over the last couple of days my outlook has just slumped and I just feel lost and do not want to talk about it with my loved ones because they have their own issues.

Just wondered if there was someone that would know how I feel and like to chat ?

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hello @sarahf and a warm welcome to the online community,

Being diagnosed with reactive arthritis, fibro and osteoarthritis can seem overwhelming. It's totally understandable that you are feeling low and don't want to talk about it with your loved ones. All our members in the online community have experienced arthritis in one form or many and can understand what you must be feeling.

You have made a good decision to join us - everyone is friendly and supportive and I'm sure will welcome you and chat with you online about your concerns. If you'd like to talk to someone from our helpline, it's open from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm. The advisers aren't medically trained, but they can give you up to date information and offer emotional support so that you don't have to deal with this alone.

Please keep posting, and do let us know how you're getting on.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• sarahf
    sarahf Member Posts: 6
    Options

Thank you so much Anna, that is good to know. I am also waiting for a mammogram because of a lump they have found in breast - it is a week away but feels like months. A lot going on and I feel overwhelmed with it all, never been this down before.