JacquelineP
JacquelineP Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi new member ๐Ÿ‘‹

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @JacquelineP and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

You haven't indicated what problems you have with arthritis and coping with it, perhaps you could post and let us know what and then we can try and point you towards useful information and also others with similar problems will I am sure connect with you and share their experiences.

In the meantime our website contains a lot of useful information and I would suggest you have a look around it and also there is a useful search function which can tell you about specific issues and symptoms, treatments etc.

Please do keep posting and let us know a bit more about you with regards to arthritis.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• JacquelineP
    Options

Hello Peter

I have just been diagnosed with OA In hands. Feet knees etc

i am really struggling with my hands and wrists and knees at the minute .. so just spoke with my doctor am told itโ€™s pain management & physio .. so hope this will help relief some of the discomfort Iโ€™m in.. Iโ€™m looking forward to connecting to people share tips see how others manage their pain etc thank you for accepting me into the group . ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    Options

Hello @JacquelineP just spotted this (sorry not been on for a while). I have OA predominantly in my hands. Originally it was just my left which caused me pain and so I could cope quite well. Then at Christmas last year I took voluntary redundancy and on the same day my right hand flared up and for the whole of Jan and I was in pain. Nothing much touches it I'm afraid. My doctor prescribed Naproxen but that doesn't do much. Diclofenac used to be the only thing that helped but the Doctors won't prescribe it any more. Anyway good news is that the pain subsided to be manageable and I hope yours will too. I always describe mine as like a toothache that is there in the background and then occasionally it flares and reminds me it is still there. Hopefully you have better days as well