Finally getting some help??

Options
bunnymummytan
bunnymummytan Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone!

So after years of varying pains, hip physio (suggested as post natal pains), shoulder physio(put down to posture following a broken rib) and most recently severe left shoulder pain which projected down my arm and up into my cheek, an emergency room doc suggested I may have arthritis.

A secondary chat with gp confirms I should be referred so I see the rheumatologist in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, high strength voltarol is my new best friend!

maternal family history of osteo arthritis and paternal history of rheumatoid arthritis with carpal tunnel (including my dad).

I am a few months away from 40 and given family members I have lost have been in their 80s, as are the elders still around, I have a long time to manage the pains and progression of whatever the diagnosis turns out to be. That’s what brings me here really- I need some advice and support right now but hope to turn that into ways to support and advise others as my understanding grows :)

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    edited 31. Aug 2021, 10:29
    Options

Hi @bunnymummytan

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

I see that you have recently been diagnosed and referred to a rheumatologist although is sounds like you’ve been suffering from arthritis for some time. You’ve joined the forum with a view to receiving some advice and support, well you’ve definitely come to the right place. There are many members of the forum who will have been through your journey and will no doubt be able to offer support you based upon their own experiences.

If you’ve not already visited our website, the following links may be useful:

This link provides general information on OA as well as specific articles on hip and shoulder pain:

I hope that you receive some useful input from other members and find the forum a really beneficial tool to help support you throughout your ongoing diagnosis. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm