Recommendation for shoes/boots?

Options
DanniK
DanniK Member Posts: 3
edited 31. Aug 2021, 09:17 in Living with arthritis

Hi all,

I'm 35 and have arthritis of the knee and hip. Recently I have noticed (mainly in the mornings) my ankles feel very very tight and its painful to walk.

I was wondering if anyone can advise a brand of shoes or boots that I could buy that would help with pain in knee, hip & now ankle?

I'm currently just wearing trainers but had a faithful pair of hush puppies but they've seen better days.

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211
    Options

Hi @DanniK firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you have pain in your knees, hips and ankle from your arthritis and are after some help around choosing the right shoes that will help with the pain.

The site is full of information and conversations and I wanted to signpost you to a historic conversation on this very subject that may help you to navigate and see others recommendations.

Also I wanted to point you in the direction of some useful information on the site dedicated to shoe selections.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks

Joe

• DanniK
    DanniK Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you for this.

I am new to the site so unsure how to go about it.

Thanks again

• N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 161
    Options

From a purely personal point of view I prefer lightweight walking boots because of the ankle support.

(I'm no fashion icon, a number of people have pointed this out).